First, sorry for the lack of a good photo. I threw this recipe together super fast just out of my head and did not think to take a photo until …
I tasted it on my plate and it was absolutely awesome. Seriously, my favorite item on my Thanksgiving plate. And best part, super easy to make.
Grabbed a shot off of my plate photo so it will have to do.
Ingredients for a small (9 X 9) Pyrex style casserole dish:
- 2 large yams (peeled)
- 3 large tart apples (peeled)
- Cinnamon sugar (2-3 teaspoons)
- Nutmeg (a few sprinkles
- Apple Juice (about 6 ounces)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Flour (1/2 cup)
- Butter (4 tablespoons)
- enFuso Apple Cinnamon White Balsamic Vinegar Reduction (enough to drizzle)
- Take butter out of the fridge to start bringing it to room temp.
- Thinly slice apples and yams.
- Build 2 layers in baking dish as follows: yam, apple, sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and nutmeg … repeat.
- Pour in about 6 ounces of apple juice, enough to create a ½ layer of liquid on bottom of pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until fork tender.
- While baking, make a “crisp” style crumbly topping by forking together the flour, brown sugar and butter until butter is in small balls.
- When baked items are fork tender, remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle on the crisp topping and place back in the oven for about 10 minutes until top is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and generously drizzle enFuso Apple Cinnamon White Balsamic Vinegar Reduction over the top.